The New England District Board of Ministry oversees the credentialing process for district licensed ministers, ordination candidates, and all those ordained who serve on or report to the district.
For questions concerning licensing and credentialing, contact our chairperson, Rev. Dr. John Megyesi.
For questions concerning Candidate Assessment (required for first-time NE district license applicants), contact our Assessment Director, Rev. David Shaw.
Not sure who to ask? Check with our District Secretary: Rev. Gerry Whetstone
Board of Ministry members: Kenneth Stanford, District Superintendent; John Megyesi (2017) – Chair; Gerald Whetstone (District Secretary); Marcella Charles (2017); Miriam Mouzon (2017); John F. Reilly (Education Director, 2017); Joshua Johnson (2018); Lynnette McCabe (2018); Dennis Scott (2018); Gerald Whetstone (2018); Gwendolyn Ambrefre (2018); Kyung Lyul Yu (2018); William Malas (2019); Kazimiera Fraley (2019); Jeremy Scott (2019); Karen Troxler (2019); Geoffrey DeFranca (2020); Becky Turcott (2020); Daniel Whitney (2020); Jason McPherson (Records Secretary)
As you begin, use the Overview of Candidate Process and Responsibilities. This is a general overview of the credentialing process, useful to candidates, pastors, and mentors. Also available in Spanish: Repaso del Candidato Ministerial en español. Also available in Portuguese: Visão Geral do Candidato Ministerial Processo Responsabilidades em Português.
For more information, the Ministry Preparation Handbook is an updated and comprehensive guide to the process of ministry preparation on our district.
El manual también está disponible en español. (Spanish)
O manual também está disponível em português. (Portuguese)
Forms & Applications:
- Registration of My Call to Ministry – to be completed by those wishing to begin enrollment in the Course of Study
- Confidential DS Questionnaire – for all first-time candidates; to be submitted directly to the DS upon Assessment Testing
- Candidate Assessment Handbook & related forms
- District & Denominational Candidate Credential Check – for all first-time candidates; to be submitted directly to District Secretary upon Assessment Testing
- First-Time District License Questionnaire – for all first-time candidates
- District Minister’s License Application (a .pdf template is available here) – for first-time district license candidates, renewal candidates, and ordination candidates
- Online Minister’s License Application Introductory Page – instructions for all candidates
- Praxis Report
- Report Form for District Licensed (DL) Minister – for all candidates’ use when self-reporting to the district (a copy of this form is available for local church pastors by request)
- Report Form for DL’s Pastor – for local church pastors’ use when reporting on a ministerial candidate in their local church
- Ordination Candidate Interview Questionnaire – for ordination candidates
- Ordination Recognition Questionnaire – for ordination candidates
- District Minister Recommendation to the District Assembly – for local pastors recommending all candidates to the District Assembly
(Unless it is an online form, you should download the file to work on it. Be sure to save your progress.)
Once you are ready to submit a form or application, do so here.
Other links & resources: